What is a Pinecone? Pine trees are CONIFEROUS, that is, they are cone-bearing.
The female cones (seen below) hold the seeds. The male cones are much smaller and release the pollen to pollinate the female cones. Inside these pinecones which you find on the ground, are likely fertilized seeds! So, let’s plant some trees, shall we?
Learn a little bit more about pinecones!
- Go to the woods and find a pinecone.
- Put the cone in a pot – so that most of it stands out.
- Water it every day with a small amount of water, not too much it will rot!
- After some time, a tiny tree will appear.
- Congratulations – you just started oxygen production and you have a piece of forest in your own home.