Make one, then hit the trails, or observe out your window/yard
Find your materials. You’ll need:
- Construction paper (or you could recycle the cereal box!) to use as your cover
- About 5-10 pieces of plain paper
- Hole punch or stapler
- Yarn or string for binding
- Old nature magazine clippings, glue sticks, markers and colored pencils, to use to decorate your cover
Now put it together!
- Fold the cover and other plain paper in half (hamburger style)
- Place the papers inside the cover, then create the binding by making three holes on the folded edge of the papers.
- Tie bows with your yarn through each of the holes.
- Decorate your journal in your own style!
- Hit the trails and start documenting your observations or creating some art!