Updated May 19th, 2020
After a very thoughtful process, Wild Bear Nature Center has made the decision to open summer camp beginning June 1. Because our model and our guidelines have changed for camp, you no longer can register online. We are asking for families to contact us at 303-258-0495 to register
👇👇👇Our model this summer will be 👇👇👇
👉👉👉Families must commit to one or more sessions:
Session ONE: June 1-June 26 (4 week session) Session TWO: June 29-July 17 (three week session) AND/or Session THREE: July 20-August 7 (three week session).
👉👉👉 Families must commit to a regular schedule as follows: 2-4 days per week (Monday AND Tuesday, or Wednesday AND Thursday or Monday-Thursday). There will be no camp on Fridays.
Neder Mountain Rangers (ages 5-6)
Wild Naturalists (ages 7-8)
Mountain Youth Adventurers (ages 9-12)
No Shuttle will be provided from Boulder. Children will not be transported in vehicles during camp. Here are some FAQ about our summer.
All campers must comply with the Happy Camper Checklist.
Please see our Drop off and Pick up procedures here.
Wild Bear Nature Center has developed a series of policies and procedures to offer Summer Camps while simultaneously remaining safe from spreading Coronavirus.
- To avoid spread of the virus and maintain consistency, we are asking that families commit to the model above.
- Groups will be maintained to 10 or less children with 2 adult instructors.
- Programs will be based out of Wild Bear Nature Center (a Colorado Child Care state licensed facility) unless otherwise noted.
- We will not be able to offer shuttle service for any campers this summer.
- We will not be transporting any campers in our vans.
- Drop-off and pick up will occur between 8:30-9AM at the nature center (unless otherwise noted), with pick-up between 3:30-4:00PM.
- Curbside drop off and pickup! Families will wait in their car with their child until staff has signed your child in and we have confirmed your child has arrived with mandatory supplies: Wild Bear supply pack, mask (clean), full lunch, full water bottle and sunscreen. Your child will apply their own sunscreen throughout the day.
- Parents will be required to take children’s temperature and note on log prior to signing in, in compliance with the Happy Camper Checklist
- Hand washing will be required upon arrival to Wild Bear.
- Hand sanitizing and washing will be taught to your child and practiced regularly throughout the day.
- Staff are required to wear a mask, and child(ren) are required to have one with them and encouraged to wear as much as possible, especially at drop-off and pick-up, more group focused activities etc. Their masks will need to be washed or replaced daily. Wild Bear has designed special masks with Wild Bear’s new logo for us all to wear. One will be included in the Supply packs (see #12) and parents can purchase replacements at $10
- Children will have individualized supply packs (to avoid sharing). Monetary donations are being accepted for this added expense.
- Camp or group materials will be sanitized after each use (such as water nets, butterfly nets, etc)
- Staff First Aid kits will now include extra masks, hand sanitizer, gloves etc.
- Wild Bear will stay abreast to any changes in the Boulder County Public Health recommendations.
- Wild Bear reserves the right to postpone or cancel camp at any time.
Some evolving focus:
- Planning fun and educational outdoor activities for our campers with masks, committing to the already developed program plans on this page: https://www.wildbear.org/summercamps/
- Securing funding for individual camp supply packs for campers to keep and use throughout camp.
- Building a scholarship fund to support families that may not qualify for CCAP.
- Continued communication with state and local public health authorities on how to conduct programming safely, and how to best follow their recommendations.
We will be updating this page as decisions are made for children to play with us in nature in a very safe way!